Lucciche: A Video Art Symposium, Carrara, Italy
June 22, 23, 24, and 25, 2016
Ponte di Ferro
Via Carriona di Colonnata 2
Entries must be emailed by Monday, June 6, 2016.
Ponte di Ferro is an independent association composed of artists, working mostly in marble, that began more than 10 years ago. It’s focus is to create a collaborative environment for local and international artists to work on personal projects. As in past years, Ponte di Ferro is organizing a symposium on art, though for the first time concentrating on video exclusively.
Lucciche (shimmering), which the symposium event draws inspiration from, are random markings in stone, seen as surface impurities of Crystal and Quartz that shimmer when in contact with light. The theme therefore is of imperfection, an accidental quality that points towards the irreproducible. To the artists who would like to participate in the film/video screenings or mapping projections, their works should highlight this quality.
The outdoor symposium event is free and open to the public. The event is organized and sponsored by Ponte di Ferro and other collaborators. Every night, before and after the video screenings and mapping projections, performances and concerts will take place.
The symposium is divided into two programs each evening: Video Mapping Projections and Film/Video Screenings:
1) The Mapping program is curated by Giacomo della Pina e Luca Afro (studio cyberfreak).
2) The Film/Video program is curated by Chicago based video artist Marco G. Ferrari.
Guidelines and information can be found at: www.studiopontediferro.com, where it is possible to download the submission materials. Along with the Call for Entries you will be able to download the schematic of the video mapping sites and film/video screening location.
FILM/VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Submissions are to be emailed to the curator of the Film/Video program, Marco G. Ferrari at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: “Lucciche Video Submission”. Within the body of the email please include the following information:
(1) A Vimeo link (password if needed); (2) Entrant contact information – email, phone number; (3) short description of submitted film as well as title, date, material and running time; (4) a brief screening history of the film; and (5) artist brief biography.
Theme of Film/Video works: Lucciche (shimmering), which the symposium event draws inspiration from, are random markings in stone, seen as surface impurities of Crystal and Quartz that shimmer when in contact with light. The theme therefore is of imperfection, an accidental quality that points towards the irreproducible. To the artists who would like to participate in the film/video screenings or mapping projections, their works should highlight this quality.
Entries must be emailed by Monday, June 6, 2016.
Ponte di Ferro reserves the right to use any and all submitted materials for promotional and marketing materials for the Lucciche: A Video Art Symposium event. The filmmakers and their works will be promoted in applicable marketing efforts and will be included in a catalogue following the closing of the symposium.
By submitting a film for consideration, you acknowledge you have read and agree to all following guidelines:
1) Films submitted must be the original work of the person or persons submitting.
2) Runtime: Under 60 minutes.
3) Entry fee: no entry fee.
4) Entrants must be 18 years or older.
5) Entrants may submit multiple entries from any year of production, works of any genre that connect with the theme of the symposium.
6) Entrants agree to grant Ponte di Ferro the right to screen the work free of charge to a public audience on a date chosen by Ponte di Ferro from June 22 – June 26, 2016.
Guarantee of Authority:
7) As the producer, director or submitter of your film, you are responsible for acquiring the legal right and authority to submit your film and for the use of any music, images and content contained therein. Ponte di Ferro holds no responsibility for the use of copyrighted material contained in your film. Submission of a film warrants that you have obtained all necessary legal permissions. Unlicensed usage of protected images or music can be subject to legal action and fines.
8) In the event that any claim, dispute or proceeding shall be brought by any person or entity alleging unlawful or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material, the submitter shall indemnify and defend the Ponte di Ferro, its commissioners, officers, agents, employees and volunteers from any liability in connection therewith and from any costs and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys costs and fees, that may be incurred in connection therewith.
9) Films must be submitted via online screener
10) If selected, films must be uploaded for screening via downloadable Hi-res .MOV file (1280x720 or 1920x1080) by June 15th.
Please upload to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/fzBV8YZRvrokpesmXLyx
(use vimeo compression guidelines as reference: https://vimeo.com/help/compression)
11) All submissions must be received no later than Monday, June 6, 2016.
12) Selected submissions will be notified by June 10, 2016.
13) If selected videos must be delivered by June 15, 2016.
14) If selected, program details will be emailed to you by June 20, 2016.
For additional information contact:
Fabio Pessimo Rebora